Friday, June 1

Getting personal

Is it wise to confide in an Internet gaming forum about personal issues? One brave soul did that recently when he decided to write about a doomed love affair. Obviously such a salacious bit of news in the otherwise staid atmosphere of a gaming forum drew much attention.

To what extent writing about the experience was cathartic and whether that justified the publication is very debatable. I for one would never open up as the author did even if it was very much related to GEWar. However I think he did the community a great service by alerting people to the issues involved.

Inevitably comments were made that upset the author and may have led to his recent decision to quit the game? All I can say is that though I do not know the guy I wish to say that what he did was a brave thing (ignoring the moral aspects of the story) and I applaud his decision.

No comments: